When should I contact the trustees?
Any substantial change in appearance requires Trustee approval as well as any change in grade/water flow. However, most maintenance work (i.e.) replacing materials with the same or a newer material that does not change the external appearance of the lot does not require approval.
Below are some examples of work NOT requiring Trustee approval; however such work must still be allowed under the indentures:
- Replacing your driveway with asphalt or concrete without any size change
- Siding/painting your house without any drastic color changes
- Replacing your air-conditioning unit(s) with standard shells/casings
- Replacing your windows or garage door
- Replacing your deck/patio with the same type of materials
- Replacing your roof without any drastic color change
- Landscaping that does not change the flow of water
- Replacing shutters with like materials and colors
- Replacing your fence with the same type and materials
Email the trustees at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.